Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Altering Your Strategy

It's always important to have a game plan when heading to the water. What area do I want to fish and what lure do I want to use are among some of the questions we all think about before we hit the water.

But what happens when you're thrown a curveball?

Last week  I planned to do some evening snakehead fishing so I got my favorite frog, strapped it to my custom Dunamis Rod with 50# braid and headed to the canal. Upon arriving the normally calm canal had waves! After a few casts and seeing my frog get air off the waves I knew I had to switch things up.

I tied on a Bayou Bug Jigs Da Gator Flippin Jig with a lizard trailer and on my third cast boom!



Knowing when to change your strategy is very important in fishing. Failure to notice and adapt to conditions will result in lost fish.

Take care and tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment