Monday, July 20, 2015

Leader Organization

If you're anything like me you try to get as much preparation done at home before you head out. It's simple- the more you get done at home the less time you waste fishing. I always keep my gear organized and try to prepare as much as possible so I don't even waste a second on the water. Leaders are no exception but storing 4-6 foot of fluorocarbon, wire, hooks and swivels can be difficult... until now!

First you need a 3 ring binder- if you don't have one laying around the house you can grab one at any store that sells office/school supplies. Second, fill it with clear plastic sleeves- these can also be bought at any office/school supply store. Then simply drop the pre-tied leader into the sleeve and it will naturally coil in the sleeve. Tie a few extras and now you won't have to tie leaders on the water!
Fluorocarbon leaders I tied in the front and steel shark leaders in the back!
 

Take care and tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment